HOTEL CONTINENTAL RESERVATION FORM: here.
HOTEL SONO RESERVATION FORM: here.
HOTEL GARNI RESERVATION FORM: here.
These forms enable you to directly book your accommodation at the hotel of your choice. After filling this form please send it directly to the Hotel‘s reception (contact in the form). Unfortunately reservations made after these dates cannot be guaranteed. The reservation will be confirmed by the respective hotel via e-mail within two days.
Please note kindly that further possible changes/cancellation of your accommodation reservation is solely your responsibility and should be communicated directly via e-mail with the respective hotel.
Other recommended hotels (without preferential rates) include Hotel Grandezza, Barceló Brno Palace, Best Western Premier Hotel International Brno and Royal Ricc that could be booked directly, as other hotels in Brno, via booking.com
The main site for route planning using public transport is IDOS.
- Faculty of Law (Veveří 70)
- Hotel Continental (Kounicova 6)
- Hotel Garni (Vinařská 5)
- Hotel Sono (Veveří 113)
- Restaurant Sborovna (Botanická 1)
All important conference sites can be found on the Conference map. On the map are also marked interesting places to visit in Brno, some of which were present in the lists by NY Times and The Guardian.
Vienna Airport to Brno
Vienna Airport to Brno by bus
- direct bus line is operate between the Vienna Airport and Brno by RegioJet, duration of the journey about 2 h 30 m
- price CZK 360,- / EUR 17-,
- goes directly from the Airport
Vienna to Brno by train
- goes approximately every hour (consult IDOS), duration of the journey about 2h 30 m
- price ~830,- CZK / EUR 30,-
- goes from Wien Houptbahnhof Train Station
Vienna to Brno by bus
- direct bus line is operate between the Vienna and Brno by RegioJet
- price ~CZK 220,- / EUR 8 ,-
- departs from U2 Stadion, Busterminal Stadioncenter, Engerthstrasse; booking online is advisable
Prague Airport to Brno
Prague Airport (Václav Havel Airport) to Prague City centre
Prague City centre to Brno by train
- goes approximately every 45 minutes (consult IDOS), duration of the journey mostly under 3 hours (2 h 30 m “RJ, EC, IC” trains; 2 h 45 m “Ex” trains; 3 h 17m “R” trains; 3 h 42 m “R” trains going through “Havlickuv Brod” – we do not recommend this route)
- price ~CZK 219,- / EUR 8,- (trains „RJ“, „EC“, „IC“ or „R“, 2nd class seats)
- goes from the Main Train Station: Metro C (red line) – HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ
Prague City centre to Brno by bus
- various services go approx. every 30 minutes, duration of the journey is about 2,5 hours (consult IDOS)
- price ~CZK 210,- / EUR 8 ,-
- almost all services depart from Florenc Bus Station: Metro C-B, station FLORENC
- Popular operators include > RegioJet
- booking is advisable for some services (necessary for groups)
- due to the vast reconstruction of the main highway D1 connecting Prague and Brno we recommend taking the train
Transports around Brno
General info – public transport
- tickets for public transport can be bought in ticket machines (accept coins only) or at newspaper stands
- regular tickets are CZK 20,- for 15 minutes (incl. any transfers and CZK 25,- for 60 minutes (incl. any transfers), or CZK 90,- for one day
- tickets are valid for all means of transport incl. trams, busses and trolley buses – do not forget to punch them immediately after getting onto the means of transport
- for route planning, please use a special version of IDOS
- from 23:00 to 5:00, the public transports operate in the night regime (there are special night bus lines calling every hour) – consult IDOS to plan your route
General info – taxi
- prices are around CZK 30,- per km + fixed sum of approx. CZK 40,- per ride
- recommended services: Lido taxi (+420 542 214 221), City taxi (+420 542 321 321)
From Brno Airport to Brno city centre (Main Train Station – Hlavní nádraží)
- by Taxi - duration of a journey about 15 minutes, total price about ~CZK 350,- (~CZK 400,- to Hotel Continental, ~CZK 500,- to Hotel Garni)
- by bus 76 - goes every 30 minutes, duration approx. 20 minutes, first bus departs at 5:07, the last bus departs at 22:07 p.m., stops at Main Train Station
From Main Train Station to the hotels (tram stops are in front of the Main Train Station building)
- Hotel Garni – tram 1 (direction EČEROVA) – 7th stop LIPOVÁ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Continental – tram 1 (direction ŘEČKOVICE) – 2nd stop MORAVSKÉ NÁMĚSTÍ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKÝ PARK) – 7th stop KLUSÁČKOVA – then short walk (consult the map)
From Main Train Station to the Faculty of Law
- tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKY PARK or CERVINKOVA) – 6th stop NERUDOVA – then walk (consult the map)
From the hotels to the Faculty of Law (Saturday)
- Hotel Continental – direct walk of approx. 10 min. (consult the map) OR by trolley bus 34 (direction VYCHODILOVA) or 36 (direction KOMIN) from SMETANOVA to KLUSÁČKOVA, then short walk.
- Hotel Garni – trolley bus 25 or 26 (both direction NOVOLÍŠEŇSKÁ) from LIPOVÁ to KONEČNÉHO NÁMĚSTÍ (about 17 min. ride), then short walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – direct walk of approx. 5 min. (consult the map)
From the Faculty of Law to the Sborovna Restaurant (Saturday Conference Dinner)
- The venue is not far from the Faculty (circa 15 minutes walk - consult the map). It is possible to take two stops by a tram No. 3 or 11 from Rybkova stop to Grohova stop.
ABOUT AND IN BRNO
By visiting the server of the city of Brno you can easily get lots of tips how to spend your free time in Brno.
Brno has lots of interesting and beautiful places, visit the following links to learn more: