Maximize Cyberspace 2022 Conference Map.
Entry into the Czech Republic
No special epidemiological conditions are required to enter the Czech Republic to prevent the spread of the disease. The ban on entry of foreigners from third countries and the need to prove infection-free status has been lifted.
If you need a test to return to your home country, please contact the conference organisers and they will help you arrange testing.
Three hotels which we can suggest and sholud be available for booking: Hotel Sono, Hotel Continental and Hotel University (budget option).
Other recommended hotels include Hotel Grandezza, Barceló Brno Palace, Best Western Premier Hotel International Brno or Courtyard Brno by Mariott.
The main site for public transport route planning is IDOS.
Survival guide with important information is available here.
- Faculty of Law (Veveří 70)
- Hotel Continental (Kounicova 6)
- Hotel University (Vinařská 470)
- Hotel Sono (Veveří 113)
All important conference sites are on the Conference map.
Vienna Airport to Brno
Vienna Airport to Brno by bus or train
- direct bus line from Vienna Airport to Brno by RegioJet, duration approx. 2h 30m
- price CZK 500,- / EUR 20,-
- goes directly from the Airport (Vienna-Schwechat Airport - Brno bus station Grand)
Vienna to Brno by train
- goes approximately every hour (consult IDOS or here), duration approx. 2h
- price differs from 10 to 30 EUR
- goes from Wien Houptbahnhof Train Station
Vienna to Brno by bus
- direct bus from Vienna to Brno by RegioJet, duration approx. 2h
- price ~CZK 500,- / EUR 20,-
- departs from U2 Stadion, Busterminal Stadioncenter, Engerthstrasse; booking online is advisable
Prague Airport to Brno
Prague Airport (Václav Havel Airport) to Prague City centre
Prague City centre to Brno by train
- goes approximately every 45 minutes (consult IDOS - search for direct connections), duration between approx 3h. (RJ, EC, IC and Ex trains). Other trains (e.g. R) take 3h 30 min. or more.
- price ~CZK 250,- / EUR 10,-
- goes from Prague Main Train Station: Metro C (red line) – HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ
Prague City centre to Brno by bus
- various services go approx. every 30 minutes, normal duration approx. 2,5 to 3 hours (consult IDOS)
- price ~CZK 250,- / EUR 10,-
- almost all services depart from Florenc Bus Station: Metro C-B, station FLORENC
Transports around Brno
General info – public transport
- tickets for public transport can be bought in ticket machines (accept coins only) or at newspaper stands, it is possible to pay by card directly in the bus/tram (when boarding and exiting, you attach the card to the reading device, more info here)
- tickets options are CZK 20,- for 15 minutes, CZK 25,- for 60 minutes or CZK 90,- for one day
- tickets are valid for all means of transport incl. trams, busses and trolley buses – do not forget to punch them immediately after getting onto the means of transport
- for route planning, please use a special version of IDOS
- from 23:00 to 5:00, the public transports operate in the night regime (there are special night bus lines every hour) – consult IDOS to plan your route
General info – taxi
- prices are around CZK 40,- per km + fixed sum of approx. CZK 60,- per ride
- recommended services: Lido taxi (+420 542 214 221), City taxi (+420 542 321 321)
From Brno Airport to Brno city centre (Main Train Station – Hlavní nádraží)
- by Taxi - duration of a journey about 15 minutes, price approx. ~CZK 450,- to Hotel Continental, ~CZK 500,- to Hotel University
- by bus 76 - goes every 30 minutes, duration approx. 20 minutes, first bus departs at 5:07, the last bus departs at 22:07 p.m., stops at Main Train Station
From Main Train Station to the hotels (tram stops are in front of the Main Train Station building)
- Hotel University – tram 1 (direction PISÁRKY) – 7th stop LIPOVÁ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Continental – tram 1 (direction ŘEČKOVICE) – 2nd stop MORAVSKÉ NÁMĚSTÍ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKÝ PARK) – 7th stop KLUSÁČKOVA – then short walk (consult the map)
From Main Train Station to the Faculty of Law
- tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKY PARK or CERVINKOVA - left platfrom) – 6th stop NERUDOVA – then walk (consult the map)
- tram 10 (direction EČEROVA) - 6th stop RYBKOVA
From the hotels to the Faculty of Law (Saturday)
- Hotel Continental – direct walk of approx. 10 min. (consult the map) OR by trolley bus 34 (direction VYCHODILOVA) or 36 (direction KOMIN) from SMETANOVA to KLUSÁČKOVA, then short walk.
- Hotel University – trolley bus 25 (direction ŠTEFÁNIKOVA ČTVRŤ) from LIPOVÁ to KONEČNÉHO NÁMĚSTÍ (about 17 min. ride), then short walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – direct walk of approx. 5 min. (consult the map)