CONTINENTAL: booking form here.
SONO: booking form here.
GARNI: booking form here.
The main site for public transport route planning is IDOS.
- Faculty of Law (Veveří 70)
- Scala (Moravské náměstí 3)
- Restaurant Padowetz (Masarykova 34)
- Hotel Continental (Kounicova 6)
- Hotel Garni (Vinařská 5)
- Hotel Sono (Veveří 113)
All important conference sites are on the Conference map.
Vienna Airport to Brno
Vienna Airport to Brno by bus
- direct bus line from Vienna Airport to Brno by RegioJet, duration approx. 2h 30m
- price CZK 360,- / EUR 17-,
- goes directly from the Airport
Vienna to Brno by train
- goes approximately every hour (consult IDOS), duration approx. 2h 30 m
- price ~830,- CZK / EUR 30,-
- goes from Wien Houptbahnhof Train Station
Vienna to Brno by bus
- direct bus from Vienna to Brno by RegioJet, duration approx. 2h
- price ~CZK 220,- / EUR 8 ,-
- departs from U2 Stadion, Busterminal Stadioncenter, Engerthstrasse; booking online is advisable
Prague Airport to Brno
Prague Airport (Václav Havel Airport) to Prague City centre
Prague City centre to Brno by train
- goes approximately every 45 minutes (consult IDOS), duration between 2h 30m and 2h and 45 min. (RJ, EC, IC and Ex trains). Other trains (e.g. R) take 3h 30 min. or more.
- price ~CZK 250,- / EUR 10,-
- goes from Prague Main Train Station: Metro C (red line) – HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ
Prague City centre to Brno by bus
- we recommend taking the train due to current construction works on the highway,
- various services go approx. every 30 minutes, normal duration approx. 2,5 hours (consult IDOS)
- price ~CZK 210,- / EUR 8 ,-
- almost all services depart from Florenc Bus Station: Metro C-B, station FLORENC
Transports around Brno
General info – public transport
- tickets for public transport can be bought in ticket machines (accept coins only) or at newspaper stands
- tickets options are CZK 20,- for 15 minutes, CZK 25,- for 60 minutes or CZK 90,- for one day
- tickets are valid for all means of transport incl. trams, busses and trolley buses – do not forget to punch them immediately after getting onto the means of transport
- for route planning, please use a special version of IDOS
- from 23:00 to 5:00, the public transports operate in the night regime (there are special night bus lines calling every hour) – consult IDOS to plan your route
General info – taxi
- prices are around CZK 30,- per km + fixed sum of approx. CZK 40,- per ride
- recommended services: Lido taxi (+420 542 214 221), City taxi (+420 542 321 321)
From Brno Airport to Brno city centre (Main Train Station – Hlavní nádraží)
- by Taxi - duration of a journey about 15 minutes, price approx. ~CZK 400,- to Hotel Continental, ~CZK 500,- to Hotel Garni
- by bus 76 - goes every 30 minutes, duration approx. 20 minutes, first bus departs at 5:07, the last bus departs at 22:07 p.m., stops at Main Train Station
From Main Train Station to the hotels (tram stops are in front of the Main Train Station building)
- Hotel Garni – tram 1 (direction EČEROVA) – 7th stop LIPOVÁ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Continental – tram 1 (direction ŘEČKOVICE) – 2nd stop MORAVSKÉ NÁMĚSTÍ – then walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKÝ PARK) – 7th stop KLUSÁČKOVA – then short walk (consult the map)
From Main Train Station to the Faculty of Law
- tram 12 (direction TECHNOLOGICKY PARK or CERVINKOVA) – 6th stop NERUDOVA – then walk (consult the map)
From the hotels to the Faculty of Law (Saturday)
- Hotel Continental – direct walk of approx. 10 min. (consult the map) OR by trolley bus 34 (direction VYCHODILOVA) or 36 (direction KOMIN) from SMETANOVA to KLUSÁČKOVA, then short walk.
- Hotel Garni – trolley bus 25 or 26 (both direction NOVOLÍŠEŇSKÁ) from LIPOVÁ to KONEČNÉHO NÁMĚSTÍ (about 17 min. ride), then short walk (consult the map)
- Hotel Sono – direct walk of approx. 5 min. (consult the map)
From the Faculty of Law to the Padowetz Restaurant (Saturday Conference Dinner)
- The venue is bit further from the Faculty (circa 15 minutes by tram - consult the map). It is possible to take two stops by a tram No. 3 or 11 and then tram No. 4 from Rybkova stop to Main Train Station (Hlavní nádraží).
ABOUT AND IN BRNO